Give your chicken a Southwestern twist with cumin, beans, and bell peppers.
Cumin Chicken over black beans
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 641
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 73g
Saturated Fat 12g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 11g
Monounsaturated Fat 45g
Total Carbohydrates 228g
Dietary Fiber 63g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 white onion chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and chopped
- 2 15-ounce cans black beans rinsed and drained
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 tomato diced
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- Place the chicken breasts between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and, using a meat mallet, pound to a 1/2-inch thickness.
- Combine the cumin with cayenne pepper and rub over the chicken. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat and sauté the chicken for 4 minutes per side or until cooked through. Remove to a cutting board. Cut into strips when cool.
- Place the skillet and the pan drippings back on the burner over medium heat. Add the onion and jalapeño and sauté for a minute. Add the beans, corn, tomato, cilantro, vinegar and water. Cook until the beans are heated through, about 5 minutes.
- To serve, place the beans on the plate and top with chicken strips. Garnish with extra cilantro and serve. Note: Always use gloves when chopping peppers!
- per serving: 464 calories; 41 grams protein; 14 grams total fat; 11 grams fiber; 2 grams saturated fat; 47 grams carbohydrates; 68 mgs cholesterol; 705 mgs sodium; 11 WW points plus // nutrition is based on a 6 oz boneless chicken breast