Here’s a super simple and nutty chicken dish. Our Pine Nut Chicken recipe is filled with Mediterranean flavors and pairs beautifully with couscous.
Pine Nut Chicken
The combination of corn meal and pine nuts lends an extra boost of flavor to this dish.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 87
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 10g
Saturated Fat 2g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 4g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrates 22g
Dietary Fiber 2g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- cooking spray
- 4 slices white bread torn into pieces
- 3 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- coarse salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1.5 tablespoons water
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Toast the pine nuts in a small saucepan over medium heat until golden and fragrant, about 3-5 minutes.
- Spray a large baking dish with cooking spray. In a food processor, combine the bread, toasted pine nuts, cornmeal, parsley, garlic, sage, cayenne, and salt and pepper to taste. Process to fine crumbs.
- In a large bowl, combine the mustard and water. Add chicken and toss to coat.
- Roll chicken in bread mixture and press to coat evenly.
- Arrange chicken in the prepared pan. Bake until coating is crisp and browned, about 30 minutes. If the bottom side of the chicken is not getting crispy, flip and bake or broil for a few minutes to get it extra crispy.
- Per serving: 360 calories; 32 grams protein; 11 grams total fat; 3 grams fiber; 2 grams saturated fat; 19 grams carbohydrates; 68 mgs cholesterol; 284 mgs sodium; 8 WW watcher points // nutrition is based on a 6 oz boneless chicken breast