The Blackberry Peach Cobbler is one of our favorites and geat to bring to a potluck! Summer is solved!
Blackberry Peach Cobbler
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 191
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 22g
Saturated Fat 13g
Trans Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 6g
Total Carbohydrates 75g
Dietary Fiber 5g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
- 5 cups blackberries
- 6 peaches , peeled, pitted, and cut into 1/2-inch thick wedges
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1 cup butter, cut into cubes
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 pints premium vanilla ice cream
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray a 13x9 glass or ceramic baking dish (3-quart capacity) with cooking spray. Whisk together cornstarch and sugar in a large bowl, then add blackberries and peaches and toss to combine well. Transfer to baking dish and bake until just bubbling, 10 to 15 minutes.
- While fruit bakes, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in another large bowl, then blend in butter with your fingertips or a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add milk and stir just until a dough forms. Add extra milk if mixture is too dry, one tablespoon at a time.
- Drop dough onto hot fruit mixture in 12 mounds (about ⅓ cup each), then sprinkle dough with remaining teaspoon sugar. Bake cobbler until top is golden, 25 to 35 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream on the side.
- This is easier to make ahead of time. Just warm it up in the oven while you’re clearing the table and letting the ice cream soften. Reheat in a 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes.