Our Fresh Corn Polenta with Basil and Tomatoes is fresh from the garden….
Fresh Corn Polenta with Basil and Tomatoes
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 109
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 12g
Saturated Fat 5g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrates 32g
Dietary Fiber 4g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2 ear(s) fresh corn
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion , chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup quick cooking polenta, (dry)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tomato , chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, shredded
- coarse salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Place corn on plate and carefully cut the kernels off the cobs. In a large sauce pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant about 30 seconds. Add corn and vegetable broth to onion mixture. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Return broth mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, slowly stir in polenta, and cook stirring until thickened about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir butter and Parmesan into polenta. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour into a serving bowl. Top with tomatoes and basil.
- per serving: 300 calories; 11 grams protein; 14 grams total fat; 4 grams fiber; 7 grams saturated fat; 34 grams carbohydrates; 25 mgs cholesterol; 822 mgs sodium; 8 WW points plus