Another great dinner whipped up in a slow cooker. What could be easier?
Slow Cooker Beef Stew with Button Mushrooms
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 126
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 14g
Saturated Fat 5g
Trans Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 8g
Total Carbohydrates 126g
Dietary Fiber 12g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1.25 pounds beef stew meat
- coarse salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 10 medium new potatoes halved
- 1 white onion chopped
- 4 carrots peeled and sliced
- 1 cup sliced button mushrooms
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes undrained
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 14.5 ounce can beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley chopped
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add beef and season liberally with salt and pepper. Brown meat on all sides, about 5 minutes total. Add flour, stir to coat beef, and cook 2 more minutes.
- Add potatoes, onion, carrots, mushrooms, tomatoes, celery, broth, Worcestershire, sugar and thyme to slow cooker and mix well to combine. Then add beef and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low until vegetables and beef are tender, 7 to 8 hours. Garnish with parsley and serve.
- per serving: 499 calories; 26 grams protein; 6 grams total fat; 13 grams fiber; 2 grams saturated fat; 86 grams carbohydrates; 40 mgs cholesterol; 684 mgs sodium; 12 WW points plus