Pork and Cherries are the perfect combo and perfect for a quick and easy dinner. The Peppered Pork Tenderloin with Cherries will become a family fav.
Peppered Pork Tenderloin with Cherries
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 47
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 5g
Saturated Fat 2g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrates 9g
Dietary Fiber 1g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 8 ounces fresh cherries, stemmed, pitted and chopped
- 2 green onions , chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice, plus a little zest, to taste
- 1 1/4 pounds pork tenderloin
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- freshly ground pepper
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, stir the cherries, onions, lime juice and a little lime zest. Set aside but leave at room temperature.
- Season the pork with salt and press the pepper into the meat.
- Grill the tenderloin over medium heat until the pork is barely pink in the center, 15-20 minutes, turning every 5 minutes. Let the pork rest for 5 minutes before slicing on the bias into 1⁄2 inch slices. Top with the cherry mixture.
- TO PIT CHERRIES: place cherries on a flat surface and whack with a meat mallet, rolling pin, or the back of a sauté pan. Watch for flying juice!
- per serving: 237 calories; 30 grams protein; 8 grams total fat; 12 grams fiber; 2 grams saturated fat; 10 grams carbohydrates; 91 mgs cholesterol; 72 mgs sodium; 5 WW points plus